Saturday, March 11, 2006

What a 6 months! Dalai Lama & Vienna Boys Choir



It's an interesting coincidence that exactly 6 months apart on 2 days associated with sadness (September 11th and March 11th) that I'd attend two uplifting events with the Dalai Lama (on 9/11) and tonight the Vienna Boys Choir. When I shared my Dalai Lama experience, I mentioned how people thought moving to Sun Valley meant less access to cultural events. I've found the opposite to be true. I decided yesterday I wanted to go to this when I saw it on www.sunvalleyonline.com and tickets were still available. This would never have been the case in Seattle or any other big city. So in the last year, I've seen a Nobel Peace Prize winner, one of the foremost violinists in the world and perhaps the most famous choir in the world for a combined total of $20. This area has an extraordinary ability to draw world class talent across the arts and athletics and I feel fortunate to be able to expose my kids to it.

technorati tags: , ,

No comments: